Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Per my previous post, here are some pics I took tonight with my blackberry... If you click on the pics, they will open larger pictures.

Not sure what the plant in the middle is, but it is surrounded by hostas. Any ideas? This is the south side of my house, it's like a jungle out there with the hostas and pachysandra (sp?), those are roses sticking up from the hostas.


When I bought the house, the daughter said there were 2 lilacs. Tonight I finally figured out that the small bush south of the house is a lilac. The other one is blooming, this one is growing and just starting to have blooms appear.


This is something new that has sprouted up over the last week or so (and it's already a foot tall). I'm not sure what it is - any ideas? I posted on Facebook and 2 people think Lilies....




I have a few different clumps of columbine throughout the garden. On the north sunny side, I see ones that will be pink. Towards the front of the yard, I saw these - I'm not sure I've ever seen deep purple!


1 comment:

  1. I think the one is a lily of some kind, Erin. Not like any that I have but some of my catalogs show similar foliage. I have a columbine in bloom that is a little lighter shade than yours. I think you struck a gold mine in your yard. Really has been well cared for and lots of varities.
    Sounds like you are having a full weekend!!! Have fun with all your company.
    Nothing new in our world.Just grandpa and I.

    ReplyDelete