How about this fall weather? It's been great!
Things have been busy here in Chicago. Had a friend from Des Moines and her mom come visit a couple weeks ago. We enjoyed a great warm Friday doing lots of Chicago sightseeing things and then Saturday when it was cold and rainy we went shopping. Man, they know how to shop!
I have agreed to be House Chair again for next year's Wright Plus - the one day special event that the FLW Preservation Trust holds in Oak Park where 8 private homes are opened up for the public who buy tickets. We have our first meeting next week to discuss house captains. I'm really looking forward to some of the houses on the tour!
I've also been asked to become a Volunteer Leader for the regular Home & Studio tours that I give one day a month. This means helping to coordinate the volunteers on my regular volunteer day, helping out the staff to keep things running smoothly.
Along with all the volunteering, I've been really busy with work (many projects going on at the same time) and I have added to all the above busyness by deciding to start the house hunt.
I know it's early for most of you, but are there any thoughts on Thanksgiving? I need to figure out the rest of my vacation time for the year and depending on the day we decide to get together may affect if I need to use a vacation day to drive back to Chicago.
Hope you are all doing well!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you are one busy girl, Erin. I think the volunteering you do at the Frank Loyd Wright house is wonderful and must be very interesting.
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned Thanksgiving and just wanted to say that since we have no other plans, whatever the rest of you decide will be fine with us.
Saturday is cleaning day so guess what I did today? Was kind of gloomy as we had .9 inch of rain last night and a little more this evening. Terry got all of the crops out here yesterday so we are glad for him.
Harold seems to be adjusting well and thinks the food is very good, so that is a plus.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Check it out - my Oak Park "transplant" home town is listed as one of the nations greatest neighborhoods (ok, I live about 3 blocks away from the actual "neighborhood", but close enough...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/10-13-2010/Oak_Park_on_list_of_nation's_greatest_neighborhoods