Thursday, September 9, 2010

A day with Matt & Lindsey in Chicago

Matt & Lindsey came to Chicago last night. We spent the day together and now they are at a music show hanging out with friends. They are heading back to Iowa City tomorrow.

We went to the Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio and took a tour. Turns out the weekdays allow for extra long tours. When I volunteer on the weekends, we try to keep the tours btwn 45-50 minutes. Our tour today was 1 hour 15 min. Luckily we had a great volunteer interpreter. I actually learned a couple things. I probably need to re-read my training manual to see if there are some other things I have forgotten over the last few years.

Then we went downtown, got a quick bite to eat and went on the Chicago Architectural Foundation's boat tour. I haven't been on the boat tour for at least 3 years. It's amazing to see the new buildings pop up in just a few short years (and an economic downturn). We saw 2 projects that have been on hold for a couple years and are either an empty shell of a building or just a big hole in the ground (the Spire).
It was a busy, but great day! I'll post a couple pics after I get them downloaded.

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment