Monday, August 16, 2010

What's New?

Hi Everyone,
Just checking in to see what's new with everyone. I know a few updates...
I saw on Facebook that Sarah and Dan were going down to St Louis (sans kids) to a Cubs/Cardinals game with the Nehre's this past weekend. Sounds like fun! Hopefully it wasn't too hot!
Mom and Dave had visitors from Madison this past weekend - Seamus & Esme (& their parents). Mom & Dave now have a new family member, adopting Kramer, Matt Sidney & Colette's yellow tabby that causes Colette to sneeze. Apparently, Kramer and Max could be brothers :) The weekend before they had visitors from Minneapolis, and I was able to meet Scott & Amy's little girl Norah for the first time - ADORABLE!
G&G went to Old Settler's this past weekend and had a great time at the reunion up in Okoboji the weekend before.
Matt & Lindsay came to Chicago 2 weekends ago. We had a great time on Sunday afternoon tooling around Oak Park and enjoying Mama Thai. Sounds like they walked around alot and were a bit red from the sun when I saw them on Wednesday before they went back home.
Transformers is being filmed in Chicago right now and they are shooting tonight right by my El (train) stop downtown. Once I get the pics downloaded from my phone, I'll post a couple.
Cheryl & Steve, what are you up to?
Hope everyone is doing well! and enjoying the cooler temps this week! What a relief!!
Cheers,
Erin

3 comments:

  1. `Thanks, Erin. Max is being particularly attentive this AM--so any typos are his fault.
    Kramer doesn't seem too stressed out by his new environment. He hasn't ventured upstairs much but is quite pleased when we sit downstairs and watch TV--esp if Bella isn't around. She REALLY wants to play w/ him and she's a little more wild and crazy than the 9 y.o. golden retreiver that he's used to.
    We went to the State Fair on Fri--spent an inordinate amt of time around the farm and construction equipment. Definitely the highlight for Seamie. Esme's highlight was prob eating some of what anyone else had--that kid knows how to eat!
    We're going camping next week--all week! We'll have Seamus w/ us for 2-3 days. He started agitating for this before we even got home the last time.
    I'm glad for the 'Transformers' explanation, Erin. I was having a little trouble figuring out the FB pictures.
    Another rainy day here. But at least it's a gentle rain--no downpours. Hopefully, our flat roof leak is managed. Starting over w/ somebody who actually knows what they're doing may be the key. When the water started coming up thru the basement floor, we only had to move some stuff to dry boxes and pull up one section of carpet. Washed alot of towels that day. I guess that's what retirement is for---

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a good job of keeping track of all of us Erin. Thank you. I rarely have anything interesting that I think anyone would be interested in but I sure like to read about everyone elses activities.
    We went in to the Old Settlers parade, but that was the extent of our Old Settlers. There appeared to be a big crowd and the parade was nice. This Sunday we plan to go to a Bellon picnic at Victor Bellons over by Leon. He asked us last year but Dad was having his problems and we couldn't go. I am hoping Harold will go with us but I don't know yet. I talked to David last night and Dr. Wells seems to have taken over Harolds care. He is taking him to Dr. Struck at Iowa Methodist on Monday. I am so glad they are finally starting to do something. He is on medication now and David thinks it has helped quite a lot with the symtoms. Dad has gone in town a couple afternoons and taken him to the coffee shop to get him out of the house.
    We had a good visit with everyone at Okaboji the other weekend. Hadn't seen some of the nieces and nephews for awhile.
    Had a little rain yesterday again, but no too much so we will see what today brings...

    ReplyDelete