Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back in the swing of things...

Hi all--

Erin, thanks for the neat pictures! I keep intending to post a pic of the Nehres and Coopers at the Cubs-Cards game in St. Louis a few weeks ago. We did have a great time, even in 95 degree weather, or whatever it was. I'll have to wait to post the pics later, though because our camera is someplace in a MO state park with my boys tonight! The weather is so amazing that Mike decided to take Andrew on a little camping trip before he goes back to school next week. What a great night to be out! They left around lunchtime and it sounds like they have had a wonderful time.

School kicked off for me this week, though, so no camping for me. I'm teaching Music History I again this semester--the same class I taught last fall. My goodness, it's nice to start the term with so many materials already prepared. I'm tweaking things, but that is easy compared to creating everything. It is good to be back in the classroom and I seem to have some really interesting students, which is always fun. I love learning from them.

Our bathroom project is slowly progressing. Mike has removed every bit of plaster from walls and ceiling and is preparing the exterior (brick) wall so we can hang drywall there. He's rewired some things, too, and still has all of his eyebrows, so that's a good sign! :) We're not going to have it done by the time he goes back to school, but hopefully we can have drywall up and the plaster mess finished. I am tired of having a thin layer of white dust and haze over everything from the deconstruction phase. I'll post try to post some pics over the weekend so you can see the latest adventures... Enjoy this amazing weather!!!

Love,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoyed the quiet house! Looking forward to seeing some pictures =) The weather has been beautiful, I've had the windows open for a few days now - amazing! Granted my allergies have definitely spiked since I have had the windows open, but I'll deal with it to have the lovely fresh air!

    ReplyDelete