Those were the sweet, sweet words of my little boy today. We had just gotten home Bowling Green, MO where the precious cargo named Andrew was transferred back to me. He had dozed off on the drive home, but still needed some more nap. As he pulled his favorite stuffed animals and blanket out of his bag, he uttered those sweet words of welcome.
We were planning to meet Marv & Phyllis part-way on Saturday, but they called on Friday and said they were holding him ransom until today. I guess there were just too many 'adventures' left in Keokuk! They also made a trip to Cedar Falls to visit Mike's grandmother and aunt. So, it was a good 9-day(!!!) trip, I think.
Mike & I enjoyed the freedom to go out much more than usual (I think Butterscotch thought we'd abandoned him!) and I finished a chapter revision. But my goodness, I am glad to have my little boy home!
We took his crib down and set up his big-boy mattress on the floor, clad with brand-new Lightning McQueen sheets. He crawled right in and I didn't hear much until just a minute ago...gotta go!
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can't wait to hear all about his trip and all of his adventures, Heather. I'll bet Butterscotch was glad to see that boy!
ReplyDelete