Yes, it is a sunny and gorgeous day in STL, too! This week was a good week at our house, but next week is the real news for us. Mike's parents came down yesterday and this morning packed our little guy up in their van and headed for an IA adventure! This week will give me lots of undistracted writing time, which is much needed. And of course Andrew will love his adventures in Keokuk. I think they may head to Cedar Falls to see GG (great-Gram), too. Andrew was most excited to pack his sled, snow pants, etc. Although this winter has been relatively snowy for STL, it doesn't last long.
The other purpose of Marv & Phyllis' trip down was to deliver Andrew's new big-boy bed. I have resisted, mainly because I just wasn't ready to take the crib down yet. Silly, I know, but true. It is time, though. So, they brought Mike's old twin bed down and Andrew is sooooo excited that when he gets home he'll have a new bed to sleep in. Or at last mattress on the floor at first.
Finally, Mike received a call from his principal this a.m. (never good at 8:45 on a Saturday morning) and a 1st grader from his school, along with a 1st grader in a neighboring community, and the latter's mother, all drowned in a farm pond last night. No details yet, but it seems like the boys may have gone out on the ice. Mike is headed to Waterloo now; the elem. school has a winter carnival today, so he'll be there to field questions from parents on how to talk to their kids about all this. I'm sure Mike and all those involved in Waterloo would appreciate any prayers for comfort and wisdom. Needless to say, I hugged Andrew extra tight when he got in Gram and Gramp's van.
That's the update from St. Louis. Andrew's had some doozies of funny statements recently. In a day or two I'll try to post some. Have a great weekend-
HLN
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment