Friday, February 12, 2010

Date Night!

Yep, we're getting out tonight and are really looking forward to a dinner that doesn't involve a kids' menu! Not sure where we're going yet, nothing fancy, just a casual dinner before a piano duo recital that a friend of ours is playing in. There's a nice wood-fired pizza place that's really casual, yet nicely decorated and with yummy pizzas that I'm thinking about. Just someplace with adults and no french fries, please! :) And Mike's aunt gave me a really pretty shawl that I haven't ever worn. I think tonight will be the debut!

The best part is that we're bartering for babysitting. I teach piano to a family with 6 kids; had been teaching 4 of them, but parents have had some financial difficulties (exacerbated by a clear lack of communication). Now I'm just teaching the 2 older girls and for a reduced rate until they can get back on their feet. I suggested occasionally swapping babysitting for that week's piano lessons. The girls were willing and the mom was grateful!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that if this PhD thing doesn't work out, you should publish a book of essays/short stories. "Butterscotch raises Andrew" or "It takes a yellow cat to raise a kid" ??
    You write very well.

    ReplyDelete