We are the Robison Clan Filled with Tuttle's, Sidney's, Schettler's, Cooper's and Nehre's
Let's share stories and pictures here and stay connected throughout the year!! :)
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Jury Duty...
Well, I was sent a Standby Juror Summons for tomorrow. Called tonight and I have to go in tomorrow. It's for criminal court... We'll see what happens!
Jury duty is always so interesting. Even though I'm always nervous to get picked for a jury, somehow it seems like such a waste of time/resources to have so many people sit around all day. Hopefully you had a good book or something to enjoy a day "off"! A good friend who stays at home with her 2 preschool kids recently "got" to sit for two days straight and was never selected for a jury panel. She said it was like a vacation for her! :)
Unfortunately, I felt guilty just sitting around, so I brought my computer along and worked on some stuff that didn't require the internet. I did take the hour and a half lunch though and sat outside talking to another potential juror. Thinking about how many people were just sitting around, and that this happens every day in every courthouse across the country... it does make you wonder if there could be a better process.
So I lucked out - didn't get called for any of the cases in the morning or the afternoon sessions. We were dismissed at 2:30 :) Yay!
ReplyDeleteJury duty is always so interesting. Even though I'm always nervous to get picked for a jury, somehow it seems like such a waste of time/resources to have so many people sit around all day. Hopefully you had a good book or something to enjoy a day "off"! A good friend who stays at home with her 2 preschool kids recently "got" to sit for two days straight and was never selected for a jury panel. She said it was like a vacation for her! :)
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, I felt guilty just sitting around, so I brought my computer along and worked on some stuff that didn't require the internet. I did take the hour and a half lunch though and sat outside talking to another potential juror. Thinking about how many people were just sitting around, and that this happens every day in every courthouse across the country... it does make you wonder if there could be a better process.
ReplyDelete