Friday, June 18, 2010

Today's Storm

This storm is amazing! Just went through Chicago.
Click on the uLocal pics at the bottom of the story - unreal pictures....
http://www.kcci.com/weather/23945737/detail.html

I can't find any sites that have more than 8 pics of the storm coming into Chicago. Have seen a report that windows were blown out at the Aon Center, where I work. Windows have also been blown out at Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower).
Good thing one of my data consultants alerted me to the storms arriving and we left the office early. I got home just as the high winds were hitting Oak Park.

Here's an interesting link that gets live updates from people http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Severe-Weather-Careens-Toward-Chicago-96670454.html

3 comments:

  1. Here's some pics from Oak Park - no trees down right by me, so that's a good thing :)
    http://www.wednesdayjournalonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=17790

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--I'll be honest that between trips to the zoo and other adventures with the Coopers, I had no clue about the severe weather north of us! Glad there was no damage in your area, Erin. We've had some strong storms, but nothing like the winds it seems IA and n'ern IL got.

    Now, it's just time for STL summer---highs in the mid to upper 90s for the next week. Maybe we can order some cooler weather for next weekend?!?! I'd like to think IA will be cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure Iowa will be cooler - SUMMER IS HERE!!
    Phew - the humidity! My hair definitely doesn't look the same as it did when I left the house - when I finally get to the office.

    ReplyDelete