Saturday, June 19, 2010

steve on the daytona speedway

this is Steve


Well, today I did my splurge for the vacation, or at least on of them.

at my age I have a list of things i would like to do.(i prefer to not call it the bucket list) one is to drive a race car on a super speedway.

Now, after conferring with my soon to be bride of 35 yrs and $450 dollar difference, I decided to do the 3 lap ride along. some time I plan to drive. well it was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN I ENJOYED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM TRYING TO CONTROL MY EMOTIONS can't you tell?

okay, I suited up with a firesuit in 90 plus temps, helmeted and tried to climb in the car window. Mark Martin is 50 yrs old and still drives for Rick Hendrick, I was put to shame. once I got in the seat, belted in, Peter the driver took off. I looked at the tacometer at 6200+. they said we were going 165 MPH.

Well, it did not take my enthusiasm away, infact it challenged me to get in better shape, so I can jump in on the driver's side, and crank it up.

i respect those of you who think I have really lost it, but hey you only live once and Cheryl and i have missed a lot of fun times. God willing we will be able to have some yrs to experience an honest marriage and many fun times together.

if we do not get them posted sooner you will have a chance to see pics next Sunday.

Until then drive safely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

3 comments:

  1. You are right Steve - we only live once! I need to remind myself of that more often (as I am sure we all do).
    Good for you - I'm glad you had a good time. Was Cheryl there watching (with her camera?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I was!!! We even had to pay for me to be on the infield to take pictures only. I think $25. They also take a "professional picture" that you can purchase for a mere $35.
    Oh well, we only live once...!!!!

    ReplyDelete