...of my bedroom. Thanks, Andrew.
Andrew has been very into locking doors recently. About 2 weeks ago I had to take the bathroom doorknob apart because he'd locked it, left, and closed the door behind him. We've had several conversations about not locking doors and how if he continues to lock doors, we'll just have to take the locks off...hmmmmmm
This morning I was in the shower (which is in our basement) and came up to find the door to the main level locked. (Hope 'scotch didn't need to go downstairs!) After pounding and yelling, Mike figured out that I wasn't joking and was really locked in the basement. Next came the bedroom.
Yep, Andrew had locked the bedroom door. No biggie, right? Wrong.
We never close our bedroom door, so it was the only room with the childproof door things still on it. When I took that off, I discovered that lock used a key. Who puts a doorknob that needs a key on their bedroom door?!?!? Apparently the previous owners of our house. We've lived in this house for 6 1/2 years and I'd never noticed this before...Okay, it must use the same key as the other doors to our house, right? You guessed it...nope. Mind you, Mike is frustrated and muttering, I have no hearing aids b/c they are locked in the bedroom and am grateful that I grabbed a robe on the way to the shower this morning and Andrew is sitting in Time Out.
Needless to say, we no longer have a door knob on our bedroom door b/c Mike had to drill the lock out. Life is never dull!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like Andrew is a bit mischevious!