Friday, March 19, 2010

3 years old!

Kids are so precious. Today is Lily's third birthday--hard to believe!! And Jack is 7 months today, as well.

This morning when Lily woke up, she said, "is my birthday here?" She thought that her "birthday" meant that there'd be a party. She was expecting to see balloons, cake, etc. this morning. Bummer for her. But we did convince her to have pancakes for breakfast. Just having "cake" in their name helped :)

Then we asked what she wanted to have for supper--mac and cheese, of course, was the answer. We also suggested pizza. Then she said, "mmm, yeah, pizza." I asked her what kind she wanted, and of course it was "pepperoni." But then, "Can we get the pizza with frosting, too?" We've been to the Pizza Ranch in Waverly several times, and their cactus bread/dessert pizza is wonderful...and has frosting, of course :) So she decided that's where we're going for supper tonight.

Jack and Dan will go home, then, and Lily and I are going to go to our school's variety show. The Junior High puts this on every year; last year I wasn't able to go, but Lily and I are going to have a 'girls night out' which should be fun.

She's growing up. It's pretty neat to see. As for Jack, he's growing too. He had his 6 month appt. last week--20.5 lbs, and 28 in. long. He's in the 80th percentile somewhere for weight and length, but his head is 99th :) Lots of smarts in that head, right?!

Well, gotta get back to work. I've been in classrooms all day today, so needed a quick break to catch up. Have a super weekend; hoping for not much snow here :(

sarah

2 comments:

  1. I hope Lily had a very Happy Birthday! Sounds like she started that way on her day. Your dad sent some pictures that were taken when you were in DM awhile back and they have certainly both grown since we have seen them. Love his bib overalls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lily!! Sorry I missed the actual day - I haven't been online for a few days. Amazing how a beach can make you forget that technology exists.
    I hope she had a great day!

    ReplyDelete