Saturday, January 23, 2010

Excitement at Erin's place


So, to start off the sharing of life's adventures...
My excitement this week was when Bailey caught a mouse!
Wednesday morning she was running back and forth around a table (kind of like a nightstand) that I have in my kitchen by the back door. After moving the table a couple of times so she could get around it, she pounced and ran off to the dining room. I saw she had something and yes, it turned out to be a mouse. First time we have had one in the apartment in the 2 1/2 years I have lived here.
Of course it was still alive, I am not sure she would have killed it, so I grabbed a piece of tupperware and put it on top of the mouse, and added a brick to the top of it, because Bailey really wanted to get to the mouse. Had to wait a couple of hours for the maintenance guys to show up and get rid of him. Cute little guy, but I really didn't want him inside my apartment.
I am quite proud of my sweet indoor-only kitty who's only other experience with mice has been at mom's house and Maggie or the other cats have always been the mouse catchers.
Gotta love the natural instincts of a cat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment